Thank you to everyone who helped make our Fall Fundraiser a success!!!
Welcome to the National Capital Radio and Television Museum. We are located in Bowie, Maryland just thirty minutes from the U.S. Capitol. The museum has an extensive collection of old radio and TV literature and radio and television artifacts as well as working displays. The National Capital Radio and Television Museum is a non-profit corporation dedicated to the preservation of radio and television history. We offer guided tours on Friday (9-4) and Saturday and Sunday (12-4) and by appointment. Our tours are interactive.
You will learn about:
- Morse code
- How they made the sound effects in old radio programs
- Early “homebrew” radio before the days of the big broadcasts.
- Hear a selection of old radio programs
- See a very early television that has to warm up before the picture shows up only a few inches high and was showcased at the 1939 World’s Fair
- See a Reado “radio” that prints out the newspaper
- See an early remote control unit called the Philco Mystery remote control
And so much more…
We also offer radio repair classes. If you like to tinker or if you ever wondered how your radio really works, then these classes are for you. The next session is starting in September so please contact us for more information–Ellen Dahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are planning new programs for this Spring and Summer so please keep an eye on our web page for these announcements. We look forward to seeing you soon.
There are several ways to support National Capital Radio and Television Museum:
The Museum is looking for volunteers to serve as docents–people willing to take visitors on tours of the Museum–and to help with educational STEM programs both on-site and off. It is fun and rewarding! We will provide training. Contact us at email@example.com.
Your generosity matters because without you, we will not be able to fulfill our educational mission. Please give generously. There are numerous ways to give:
- An easy way to donate is by credit card. We have partnered with Chesapeake Charities (http://chesapeakecharities.org/), a local community foundation, to help us raise funds for our programs. One of the benefits of this partnership is the ability to raise funds through the Web. If you’d like to make an on-line donation to the Museum, please click here. All donated funds are held for the Museum by Chesapeake Charities.
- As you make your purchases, the Amazon Smiles program, offers an effortless way to give. All you need to do is log in with your Amazon account, search for and select the National Capital Radio & Television Museum as your charity. Each time you make a purchase via Amazon, go to the Amazon Smile URL (https://smile.amazon.com) log in, and shop. We will receive .05% of eligible purchases. If you have any questions about this program, please go to: Amazon Smile FAQs page
- Do you work for the Federal Government or know someone who does? The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) makes it simple to give. Just complete the forms your employer provides you. Our number is 87245.
- If you prefer to pay by check, please make the payment to NCRTV Museum. Our mailing address is: PO Box 1809, Bowie, MD 20717.
- Credit card payments by phone can also be done. Please call the office at 301-390-1020 during regular business hours to consult with staff regarding such payments.
PLEASE NOTE: Chesapeake Charities should NOT be used for payments for goods or services (e.g., tubes, SAMs, or photocopies). If you wish to use PayPal to pay for those items, let us know and we will invoice you.
BE A BUSINESS BOOSTER!
We offer four levels. Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze with great benefits including exclusive programs just for you and your employees.
Please contact the museum for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a recognized Federal Charity for the Combined Federal Campaign. Our CFC Number is 87245.
Read reviews—or write one of your own—about the National Capital Radio and Television Museum on TripAdvisor.