‘Tis the Giving Season
As you review your options for your end-of-year charity gifts, we hope you will consider giving to us. It matters.
- Your donation can help us continue to provide quality programs that help elementary and middle school kids learn about the important scientific principles that led to the development of devices we use today to access information and to communicate more effectively than ever before in human history.
- Your donation can help us preserve important touchstones to the past—homebrew radios and early televisions, as examples—so that younger generations can learn how dramatically this technology transformed people’s lives throughout the twentieth century to today.
Your generosity matters because without you, we will not be able to fulfill our educational mission. Please give generously. There are numerous ways to give:
- An easy way to donate is by credit card. We have partnered with Chesapeake Charities (http://chesapeakecharities.org/), a local community foundation, to help us raise funds for our programs. One of the benefits of this partnership is the ability to raise funds through the Web. If you’d like to make an on-line donation to the Museum, please click here. All donated funds are held for the Museum by Chesapeake Charities.
- As you make your holiday purchases, the Amazon Smiles program, offers an effortless way to give. All you need to do is log in with your Amazon account, search for and select the National Capital Radio & Television Museum as your charity. Each time you make a purchase via Amazon, go to the Amazon Smile URL (https://smile.amazon.com) log in, and shop. We will receive .05% of eligible purchases. If you have any questions about this program, please go to: Amazon Smile FAQs page
- Do you work for the Federal Government or know someone who does? The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) makes it simple to give. Just complete the forms your employer provides you. Our number is 87245.
- If you prefer to pay by check, please make the payment to NCRTV Museum. Our mailing address is: PO Box 1809, Bowie, MD 20717.
- Credit card payments by phone can also be done. Please call the office at 301-390-1020 during regular business hours to consult with staff regarding such payments.
We hope you and your family have a joyous and safe holiday season.
And THANK YOU!
PLEASE NOTE: Chesapeake Charities should NOT be used for payments for goods or services (e.g., tubes, SAMs, or photocopies). If you wish to use PayPal to pay for those items, let us know and we will invoice you.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
At the Museum
BE A BUSINESS BOOSTER!
Names appear here, in Dials and Channels, and in the Museum lobby
Names appear in the Museum lobby and in Dials and Channels
Names appear in the Museum lobby
If your business would like to support the Museum, please contact the Museum.
DOCENTS WANTED! The Museum is looking for volunteers to serve as docents–people willing to take visitors on tours of the Museum. It is fun and rewarding! The Museum (which has been called “one of the 10 best museums in the State of Maryland”) will provide training. You’ll become an expert on the history of radio & TV. Docents are asked to agree to be on duty at least one day per month. To find out more, email Director Brian Belanger or call the museum at 301-390-1020.
THE NATIONAL CAPITAL RADIO & TELEVISION MUSEUM in Bowie, Maryland, opened its doors to the public in 1999, and since then has continued to grow in stature. Located just thirty minutes from the U.S. Capitol, the National Capital Radio & Television Museum has an extensive collection of old radio and TV literature and radio and television artifacts and working displays. The National Capital Radio & Television Museum is a non-profit corporation dedicated to the preservation of radio and television history.
Things To Do
- Take a tour and see the evolution of radio & television
- Review a fabulous collection of vintage receivers and related memorabilia
- Listen to radio broadcasts on early radio receivers
- Watch early television shows on vintage sets
Things To See
Museum Hours: Friday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Saturday and Sunday: 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm Other times by appointment
We are a recognized Federal Charity for the Combined Federal Campaign: Our CFC Number is 87245.
Read reviews—or write one of your own—about the National Capital Radio and Television Museum on TripAdvisor.